Osteopathy is a natural manual medicine that focus on the functional unit of the body. The goal of any treatment is to facilitate the body's innate ability to restore balance and health.
Assessment and treatment of any injury of dysfunction takes into consideration the person's current health and all past injuries, surgeries, traumas and illnesses. With a detailed patient history and assessment, the Osteopathic Manual Practitioner works to identify the primary cause of the dysfunction. This may include treatment of a specific joint, muscles or ligaments, organs and their attachments, and a more global treatment approach to the other systems of the body, such as the craniosacral, neurovascular and postural systems.
An Osteopathic treatment involves gentle hands-on techniques. It is appropriate for people of all ages, including the elderly and infants. The number of treatments required depends on the complexity of the problem.
Osteopathic treatment is effective for many acute and chronic conditions. Some of which include:
- Infant & Childhood issues: colic, latching issues, birth trauma, chronic ear infections, reflux, developmental delays, plagiocephaly
- Headaches & Migraines
- Pregrancy issues: sciatica, bowel issues, low back pain, swelling
- Jaw & TMJ pain
- Post concussion syndrome
- Dizziness & Tinnitus
- Neurological conditions
- Sinus conditions
- Asthma & bronchitis
- Neck, back and joint pain
- Sport and overuse injuries
- Digestive issues such as reflux, bloating, constipation & IBS
- Circulatory problems such as swelling
- Menstrual issues such as heavy bleeding, painful periods
- Genitourinary problems
- Chronic pain conditions