- A Physiotherapist is a university educated health professional and is recognized as a first line care giver through the Ontario Ministry of Health.
- A therapist has advanced understanding of how the body moves, what keeps it from moving well and how the restore mobility.
- Physiotherapists are skilled in the assessment and management of a broad range of conditions that affect the musculoskeletal, circulatory, respiratory and nervous systems. These are some of the ways Physiotherapy can help.
- When you see a therapist, he or she will complete an extensive functional/work assessment that may include your health history, evaluation of pain and movement patterns, strength, joint range of motion, reflexes and sensation.
- Based on this assessment the therapist establishes a diagnosis and works in partnership with you to develop individualized goals and a treatment plan.
- There are various levels a Registered Physiotherapist can attain. All the Physiotherapists at Be in Motion have attained their Level III courses within the Canadian Orthopaedic Division. Five therapists have completed their intermediate oral practical exams and two of our therapists have attained the highest level of FCAMPT (also known as Part B therapist). We have 1 of the 7 FCAMPT therapists in Oakville at the clinic. For more information please visit www.manippt.org.
- Our therapists are specialists in pelvic floor dysfunction.
Manual and Manipulative Therapy
- The therapists at Be in Motion Physiotherapy are constantly updating their education with the final goal of reaching FCAMPT status.
- Three of our therapists have completed there Level 5 courses offered by the Canadian Orthopedic Division and will be attempting their final FCAMPT exams next year.
- Three therapists have completed their intermediate exams and their Level V course.
- One of our Physiotherapists have reached the highest level of FCAMPT with the Orthopedic Division.
- Our goal is to achieve client independence through the highest standard of manual therapy education.
Sports Injury Rehab and Physio
- Three of our therapists are Certified Athletic Therapists with experience in the CFL, Olympics, Pan Am Games and Canada Summer Games with the core medical teams.
- As specialists in sports medicine we treat many local sports athletes.
- We are looking to add a Sports Medicine Doctor to the practice
Pre-Screening and Baseline Concussion Management
- One of our Physiotherapists Brian Empey specializes in the treatment of concussions and vertigo.
- Using the Sway Balance/Concussion Protocol we can test the athlete as a baseline test, given immediate feedback and re-test based on the baseline following a concussion.
- One of our Physiotherapists Natalie Langstaff specializes in the treatment of children.
- To foster excellence in the practice of Paediatric Physiotherapy by fascilitating clinical and research collaboration, the exchange of knowledge and the provision of high quality, evidence based informed education